The Best Foods That Boost Your Skin’s Elasticity
Foods You Should Be Eating
To increase the elasticity your skin, you need to consume high-antioxidant and water-rich foods like:
- Berries are the best fruits to consume in terms of antioxidants. Power-fruit acai.
- Celery and cucumber both contain silica, an ingredient that boosts moisture and elasticity.
- Oils, found in salmon, olives and walnuts, contain concentrated levels of omega-3 fatty acids, known to improve skin aging.
- Pumpkin and squash are water, vitamin and antioxidant rich fruits packed with skin-saving nutrients.
- Spices like turmeric and cinnamon are superfoods when it comes to their anti-inflammatory and antioxidant benefits.
Look for vitamins that contain copper, zinc, folic acid, and even some caffeine, as they can improve your skin’s elasticity and firmness, as well as its ability to hydrate from within.
Foods You Should Avoid
Stay away from highly processed foods and simple sugars, as they are pro-inflammatory foods that can break down elastic tissue in skin and also affect the absorption of antioxidants and nutrients like B vitamins that aid in cell metabolism and repair. Avoid things that your eye goes to first—the high salt, the high sugar and the high carb.
How To Add Pro-Elastin Foods Into Your Diet
Eat vegetables daily and with every meal. A good way to get those nutrients can be green juice. Choosing ingredients that are at their peak of freshness, and preparing them in the most optimal way. Some foods may need a little bit of steaming, some may be eaten raw, and others may be eaten in combination.
How To Tell If Your Skin’s Elasticity Is Improving
We’re all familiar with the pinching-of-the-top-of-the-hand trick, but that’s more of an indication of hydration levels. Supple skin will “look healthier” and “feel thicker.” It will be more noticeable on the cheeks and jawline. Increase in elasticity in the skin is more obvious than one would expect. It’s actually not subtle: Your skin looks better and younger. That’s what makes younger skin look young.